I'm the Senior Director of Corporate Communications for a global tech services company -- and a communications strategy wonk. I've worked in ad agencies, digital agencies, creative shops and PR firms in New York and Indianapolis. My work has won more than 20 PRSA and two AAF awards, and I'm a member of the invitation-only Forbes Communications Council. I've earned my Accreditation in Public Relations (APR), a highly-respected credential designating executive-level communications strategy leaders. I've written screenplays, produced and directed award-winning short films, and may be the world's only* PR professional that has also does wireframing.
- it’s a bad sign if your work offends no one. Boundaries are for the pushing.
- PR will never die, but dated methods should.
- advertising has the capacity to ruin society and thus should be managed with social responsibility.
- PR works best when fully integrated with digital, social, creative and experiential.
- the “work” you’re doing when procrastinating should be the work you do full time.
- life is too short to not have a blast at one’s job.
- in learning from the interns and teaching the CEOs.
- it’s time to retire when you think you know it all.
- it’s okay to not have the answers as long as you’re driven to find them.
- world domination is not too lofty a goal.
- in not being a "yes" woman.
If you're looking for my complete work history and recommendations, find me on LinkedIn. Other inquiries? Hop on over to the Talk to Me page.